Middle School Admissions Policies
- Broadstone Middle School 2022-2023
- Broadstone Middle School 2021-2022
- Broadstone Middle School 2020-2021
- The Link Admissions Policy – Broadstone Middle School
If your child has been refused a place to start in September 2021 at your preferred school and you wish to appeal, please be aware of the following:
School Admission Appeals are organised for the majority of schools in Poole by the Clerk to the Independent Appeals Panel within the Council’s Democratic Services Team.
|Primary School Age places – Year R, Year 3 and Middle school – September 2021|
|Offer letters posted to parents/carers on National Offer Day by Local Authority||Friday 16 April 2021|
|Deadline for acceptance of offer by parent/carer||Friday 30 April 2021|
|Deadline for lodging an on-time admission appeal||Tuesday 18 May 2021|
|Appeal Hearing Dates||Between 08 June and 30 July 2021|
- Due to the current Coronavirus Pandemic, in line with legislation, all appeals lodged before 30 September 2021 are being heard based on written information only.
- Appeals lodged after these dates will be heard as soon as reasonably practicable.
- You will receive at least 14 calendar days’ notice of your appeal hearing date.
- Appeals are normally heard during the daytime on weekdays and are not normally heard during school holidays unless essential to avoid un-necessary delays.
- Where there are a number of parents all appealing for places at the same school, the hearings may go over a number of days.
- The school’s case will be dispatched to parents and Panel members at least 7 calendar days before the start of the appeal hearing.
- The Panel will set a deadline for any additional evidence to be received.
- Following the hearing, decision letters will be sent, where possible, within 7 calendar days of the end of the hearing. During busy periods, such as main entry, full decision letters may take longer than this, so the Clerk will send a brief decision summary letter in the interim.
Late appeals and in-year appeals will be heard in line with the deadlines set out in the School Admission Appeals Code.
If you wish to appeal please contact the School Admissions Team on 01202 261936