Castleman Academy Trust (CAT) is committed to providing high quality education that is underpinned by the learning values of Respect, Independence, Creativity and Inclusion and aims to minimise the environmental impact of its day to day and long term operations.
We monitor and evaluate our use of energy, water and waste generation. We aim to lead by example with the promotion and demonstration of environmental sustainability values (for example, teaching specific topics to raise awareness of environmental issues).
In order to do this, we will:
- Meet and, where possible, exceed all current European and national environmental legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Adopt best operational practices to reduce environmental impacts of the activities and policies of Castleman Academy Trust and its schools,
- Measure and take action to reduce the carbon footprint of our activities and ensure our buildings and services are able to adapt to environmental change.
- Monitor, manage and minimise the use of energy and water by the CAT and its schools.
- Minimise the environmental impact of associated travel with our venues and business
- Minimise the amount of waste produced by CAT and its schools to encourage greater reuse in recycling.
- Ensure environmental, including climate change, criteria are taken into account in the procurement of goods and services. Where ever possible we will procure ethically sourced items.
- Consider environmental factors in CAT decisions and activities including giving due consideration to environmental issues and energy performance in the design, refurbishment, and use of our buildings which includes exhibitions, performances and activities
- Encourage and develop our pupils, their families, employees, volunteers, partners and all stakeholders to conduct their activities in an environmentally responsible manner.